mar. 23 nov.|
Panel discussion: Access to higher education for refugee women: how can we help?
Heure et lieu
23 nov. 2021, 18:30 – 20:30
À propos de l'événement
Globally, only 3% of the refugee population has access to higher education compared to 37% of the general population, and for women it is even less. From a gendered perspective, education for women at all levels has been proven to benefit the world by breaking cycles of poverty, narrowing disparities in child-rearing, and promoting the empowerment of women for better economic inclusion. What are the barriers, the challenges and how can we help to overcome them?
Panel discussion with:
• Aya Abdullah, Refugee Student from Iraq
• Moira Faul, Executive Director of NORRAG (moderator)
• Atalanti Moquette, Founder, Giving Women
• Jackie Strecker, Connected Education Lead, UN Refugee Agency
• Bernhard Streitwieser, Associate Professor, International Education & International Affairs, The George Washington University
A musical performance by the soloist Yousra Dhahbi will follow the panel discussion.
This event is organised in partnership with Switzerland for UNHCR and with the support of Giving Women and the Women’s Business Society.